GCM Asia – Risk Disclosure
Please see below for Fortrade’s Risk disclosure statement. You can review it directly at Fortrade Risk Disclosure Statement
Risk Disclosure Statement
You should consider the following risks before using our services.
- Trading leveraged products involves substantial risk and is not suitable for everyone.
- Trading these products involves the potential for profit as well as the risk of loss, which may exceed the amount of money you commit to any transaction.
- If you enter into a currency transaction, any profit or loss arising as a result of a fluctuation in the exchange rate affecting such currency will be entirely for your account and risk.
- If the market moves adversely, you risk not only total loss of your cash, including margins and any additional funds deposited with us to maintain your position, but you may also incur further liability to us. You may be called on to increase your Margin pursuant to clause 8 by substantial amounts at short notice to maintain your position, failing which we may have to liquidate your position at a loss for which you would be liable.
- Under certain trading conditions, it may be difficult or impossible to liquidate a position. This may occur, for example, at times of rapid price movement. Placing a stop-loss order will not necessarily limit your losses to the intended amounts because market conditions may make it impossible to execute such an order at the stipulated price.
- Price movements of these products are influenced by a variety of factors, many of which are unpredictable. Price movements of derivative contracts are influenced by interest rates, changing supply and demand relationships, trade, fiscal, monetary and exchange control programmes and policies of governments, and national and international political and economic events and policies. In addition, governments intervene from time to time, directly and by regulation, in certain markets, particularly markets in currencies and interest rate related contracts and derivatives. Such intervention is often intended to influence prices and may, together with other factors, cause all of such markets to move rapidly in the same direction because of, among other things, interest rate fluctuations.
- Certain investment strategies or hedging techniques, including those involving ‘spread’ positions or ‘straddles’, may be as risky as taking simple ‘long’ or ‘short’ positions.
- Although derivatives can be used for the management of investment risk, some of these products are unsuitable for many investors. Different instruments involve different levels of exposure to risk and in deciding whether to trade in such instruments you should be aware of the issues set out in this risk warning. However, this risk warning cannot disclose all of the risks and other significant aspects of such derivatives. You should not deal in derivatives unless you understand their nature and the full extent of your exposure to risk and losses. We shall have no obligation to contact you to advise upon appropriate action in light of changes in market conditions or otherwise. You acknowledge that following execution of any transaction, you are solely responsible for making and maintaining contact with us and for monitoring open positions and ensuring that any further instructions are given on a timely basis. In the event of any failure to do so, we can give no assurance that it will be possible for us to contact you and we accept no liability for loss alleged to be suffered (or actually suffered) as a result of any failure by you to do so.
- Off-exchange transactions may be less regulated or subject to a separate regulatory regime. Before you undertake such transactions, you should familiarize yourself with applicable rules and attendant risks.
- You should carefully consider whether trading in leveraged products is suitable for you in light of your own financial position and investment objectives.
- Trading online, no matter how convenient or efficient, has a number of risks associated with it these include, but are not limited to: error in hardware, software, internet connection or any force majeure event (i.e. flood, extreme weather conditions, earthquake, or other act of G-d, fire, war, insurrection, riot, labour dispute, accident, action of government, communications or power failure or equipment or software malfunction).
- The “virtual” funds available on the demo platform allow you to familiarize yourself with our trading platforms, and any gains or losses incurred while trading in a demo environment are not suggestive of results you may achieve when trading on a live platform.